Thursday, January 1, 2009
New Year's Day Walk
I walked about a half mile from my house to the Carleen Bright Arboretum. It's featured prominently on the muncipal website and any mention of our hometown, Woodway, Texas, as a place with gardens, nature trail and a perfect venue for weddings. We've lived in Woodway for four and a half months but I have never ventured beyond a quick turn around the small parking lot. It was quiet this morning, I was the only one there. The sky was very blue, the air cool and brisk, a typical Texas winter day. I'll come back sometime when the flowers are in bloom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful photo. I love your journaling as well.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're off to a good start!
ReplyDeleteWell JoAnn,
ReplyDeleteYou not only have a great #1 photo but journaling as well!! Good start to 365 in 2009!!
~Sarah
beautiful and warm looking to. I'm coming to your neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty picture!
ReplyDeleteIt looks warmer than the day we had. Great start to the project.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, JoAnn!
ReplyDelete